In which we examine how someone plagiarises a plagiarist to document another plagiarism.
The author has taken the approach of creating a set of "Trading Cards", each documenting the source/s of a Led Zeppelin track. ref Willard's Wormholes - Zeppelin Took My Blues Away.
So far, so good. I noticed the one for Memphis Minnie, with its bright pink tones, looked a bit flashy for an artist of the same vintage as my grandfather.
I note the artist has not mentioned anywhere that the painting is after an original photograph.
The image was easily recognised as done from a photograph, because I had just eyeballed past many copies of the photograph in the search results while looking for the painting.
1. Jake Holmes Album cover crop, reversed, text removed.
2. Bert Jansch Album cover with text edited out.
3. Howlin’ Wolf Credited book illustration.
4. Anne Bredon Taken off a crafts web page probably.
5. Willie Dixon Credited book illustration.
6. Howlin’ Wolf Probably album cover, pic is everywhere on the net.
7. Willie Dixon Pic on the net
8. Bukka White Album cover crop
9. Bob Mosley Album cover crop
10. Bert Jansch Album cover sketched crudely
11. Randy California Album cover crop
12. Memphis Minnie Uncredited. Taken from Artist's site, Uncredited, artist copied from old
photo credited to Frank Driggs Collection.
13. Sleepy John Estes Album cover crop reversed.
Blind Boy Fuller Credited book illustration.
14. Blind Willie Johnson Crop of Guitar Tutor cover, with dwg of old photo everywhere on the net.
Josh White From Wikipedia, "The photo may be used for any purpose, provided that
credit be given to the photo owner, The Estate of Josh White (Sr.) and the Josh White
Archives. Photo courtesy of Douglas A. Yeager Productions, Ltd., 300 West 55th Street,
Suite # 15E, New York, New York 10019."
15. Ritchie Valens CD cover crop
16. Blind Willie Johnson Ref 14, crop of same old pic.
17. Davy Graham Album cover crop
18. Sleepy John Estes Album cover crop ref 13, unreversed.
Bobby Parker Album cover crop